On Wednesday, Alex Miller, from the UW CS Department, gave a great presentation about using Processing, an open-source Java-based programming environment, to create games.
You can download the demo sketch he created in class from this link: Game_2. This is a zip file, which you will have to decompress before using.
If you want to experiment with this, here are some challenges Alex suggests:
- Draw custom graphics for hero / enemy
- Make many enemies (you’ll have to have an array of Baddies)
- Control hero with the mouse
- Make enemies chase the hero
- Make enemies collide with hero